Why Six Weeks?
I really like your suggestion on taking 40 days off. That in itself is a radical idea that is very foreign and scary for many I am sure. I just wanted to let you know why the 40 days is 40 days. You may have read it but just in case, here it is, according to Rick Warren:
The Bible is clear that God considers 40 days a spiritually significant time period. Whenever God wanted to prepare someone for His purposes, He took 40 days:
- Noah's life was transformed by 40 days of rain.
- Moses was transformed by 40 days on Mount Sinai.
- The spies were transformed by 40 days in the Promised Land.
- David was transformed by Goliath's 40-day challenge.
- Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from a single meal.
- The entire city of Nineveh was transformed when God gave the people 40 days to change.
- Jesus was empowered by 40 days in the wilderness.
- The disciples were transformed by 40 days with Jesus after His resurrection.
I will be praying that the heart's and lives of God's dear people who have been involved in the Geftakys ministry will be transformed as well. He did it for us, Hallelujah, He can do it for them too. Glory. This morning I was encouraged with Ps.72:18 "Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things." If you have a couple extra minutes read Isa.59. It is a good description of what the Geftakys ministry looked like. My concern in hearing from some saints is that when they read of God's great promises and abilities they apply it in terms to them as a gathering as not to God's people as a whole and so they will be stuck once again in a sect...I appreciate your continued faithfulness to hold forth the word of life and seek complete repentance and recovery. May God continue to use you and bless
you for it. In His love,